Monday, June 12, 2006

Outage? Really?!

This is really odd. After being out-of-town this weekend, I just logged into my e-mail and found one from one of my uptime monitors. The e-mail said my site was unavailable just two minutes before I logged into my e-mail account. So after making sure I would not trigger my Sitemeter counter, I visited my web site. Hmmm, looks fine to me.

The main page is accessible. One of my other pages is accessible from a link on the main page. All pages, as far as I can tell, are accessible! Now I'm beginning to wonder about this monitor's accuracy. My other uptime monitor hasn't been triggered at all. Usually, if the site is down both monitors would be triggered, I thought. I wonder if the past reports from this monitor are false. I'll need to check it all now -- the entire history through the e-mails I've received from all of the monitors.

It may be time to shop around for another uptime monitor.

Oh, brother!

No comments: