Saturday, May 11, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Repeat visitors to Arride Graphics may have noted that there hasn't been any new graphics offered since March 2012 or so. There are two main reasons for that.

First, my main computer's hard drive crashed in April 2012, and try as I might I could not revive it. I decided to leave that task to the professionals but I never got around to doing that. In the meantime I bought another computer. Unfortunately, the new computer has a different OS so I could not load my most-used programs onto it.

Second, late in 2012 my father was diagnosed with cancer. In trying to cope with that situation my mother ended up stressing her heart out and was hospitalized a number of times with congestive heart failure. Enter me. By late December I was staying with my parents to help my sister, who lives close-by, run our parents' household and take care of them and their dogs. I've been at my parents' house off-and-on since late December and continuously since mid-March. My mom finally got the open heart surgery she needed and is now recovering very well.

I'm hoping by the end of this month I'll be able to return home and take care of all or most of the deferred work I have waiting for me. I thank my husband, Mike, for being so understanding and helpful during the last, almost six months.

No comments: