Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

I resolve to do a lot of "house-cleaning" this year. As I mentioned last year there are some small changes coming to this site. I intend to work on it all year, though, hopefully it won't actually last that long.

In the meantime, here is a desktop wallpaper (out of a couple or so I'd promised late last year.) 

I don't know what it is but soon after winter sets in I'm thinking about the warm summer weather. When I was looking for starter material for a desktop wallpaper I was looking at fall and winter themes. But I got tired of feeling so cold and was wishing for warmer weather. (In my neck of the "woods" we're really in a rain drought and do need the rains and snows.)

Going through the downloads from morguefile.com I found this photo of shells on a beach taken by veggiegretz. It's different from the other beach photo I used for another desktop wallpaper so it was perfect. Using Corel Painter Photo Essentials, I tried out a variety of paint effects. The watercolor effect kept it light and airy so that's the one used for this wallpaper.

Go now to the 5th desktop wallpapers page to find this summery image for your computer. It comes in six resolutions from 640x480 to 1440x1080.

No comments: