Friday, January 12, 2007

New Spacey Desktop Wallpaper!

I really spaced out today, literally. I mentioned on Wednesday this wallpaper will debut today and I forgot to upload it until I saw something else. Well anyway, here it is.

It is an image, actually multiple images on the left side,
of Star V838 Monocerotis. I obtained this public domain image from the HubbleSite.org. Here's the blurb accompanying this image:

"The red supergiant star in the center of this image brightened suddenly for several weeks in 2002, illuminating dust that may have been ejected from the star during a previous explosion."

Awesome! And so are the desktop wallpapers I made of this photo. Three sizes to download from the Wallpapers II page. Choose one size which will open up in a new window. Large images, so be patient while it loads in your browser window.


No comments: